I wanted to share with you my perfect gym bag essentials. There truly is a craft for packing just the right amount of equipment and supplies that you need for the gym without overpacking.
Since my first day back to the gym since before I had my son is tomorrow, I thought it the perfect time to share with you What will be going into my gym bag!
- Goomee Hair Ties – ladies, I cant stress enough how important it is to get your hair up and out of your face while working out. There’s something about sweat on the back of your neck that I just do not like and being able to get my hair up is a major requirement for me to feel comfortable at the gym.
- Blender Bottle & Protein Powder – this is personal preference. I am on a high protein diet due to bariatric surgery I had back in November. I need to get 70+ grams of protein in a day and there’s no way I’d be able to without my quest protein powders. They come in so many wonderful flavors and my blender bottle makes it so there are no lumps!
- Eos Lip Balm – this is my favorite lip balm by far! Provides the most moisture and hydration for my lips and lasts for my whole gym time without having to re-apply!
- Good Sneakers – this is by far the most important piece you can put in your bag. If you don’t have adequate sneakers, you won’t have a great experience at the gym. Sneakers can make or break a workout so make sure you invest in good quality ones!
- Your actual gym bag – You can use whatever you want, but something that has a designated space for your shoes and a big enough space for your clothes is a great option to have! The one pictured above is on my wish list. It will be mine in the next couple of months, but for now I am using a zip up tote bag which works great as well.
- Active-wear – Who doesn’t love to look cute working up a sweat? These tops are definitely on my need-to-buy list. But you don’t need active shirts with clever sayings like the ones above. Ones that fit and that let you move is all you need! And don’t forget the yoga pants!!!
- The Right Bra – To have a great gym experience, you need to have the right size, fit and control bra. I cannot stress this enough – IF YOU ARE RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL AND YOUR BRA DOESN’T FIT RIGHT, YOU WILL GET SMACKED IN THE FACE!
- Post Workout Makeup – You do not need to leave the gym with a full on face of makeup, but, you probably should apply a light bb-cream with sunscreen, like this one by e.l.f. especially if you are heading out to work right after!
- Rinse Free Cleansing Water – I love love LOVE this cleansing water by Yon-ka! Its made with botanicals and leaves your skin feeling soft, cleansed and refreshed! Use pre-workout and post-workout for the best effect!
- Your Favorite Water Bottle – My personal favorite is by Contigo. I have 3 of them that I alternate between. The oz. on the side keep me going and let me know how many ounces I’ve drunken already and how many I have to go.
- Lock – This is a no-brainer. You don’t want your stuff stolen do you?
- Headphones & iPod/phone – If you’re like me, your only motivation to actually move is music. So make that playlist, download that music app like Spotify or Pandora, and get moving!
Whatever you put in your gym bag, make sure you keep moving your booty!